Lame Front-End is a graphical interface for the popular and very fast MP3 encoder and decoder - LAME. It offers easy access to all LAME parameters without the need for command line usage.
The program offers a simple mode (for beginners), which was designed according to the LAME authors guidelines (http://lame.sourceforge.net/lame_ui_example.php), and an advanced mode which reveals additional expert options.
Lame Front-End can work in batch mode, so it can be used by external applications to encoding/decoding files, e.g. by Exact Audio Copy, CDex.
The application is designed for LAME 3.99.5 - the latest stable version available in March 2013.
The most important features of the Lame Front-End:
* Converting WAV, PCM, AIFF, RAW files to MP3 (encoding).
* Converting MP3, MP2, MP1 files to WAV (decoding).
* Transcoding MP3 files.
* Two modes: Simple for beginners, Expert for advanced users.
* Saving ID3v2 tags in the MP3 files.
* Integration with the Windows Explorer (optional). Program adds a command Open with Lame Front-End to the context menu for supported files.
* Saving and loading LAME parameters.
* Portability. The program can be installed on mobile devices.
* Supported languages: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
* 100% freeware - for private and commercial use. There are no limitations, adware, spyware etc.